Amazon Japan has now updated with the full new cover too so I've changed to the gigantic version of the picture.
A lot of people are saying that Yukimura looks younger than he did in Sengoku Basara 3. Masamune looked young on the cover of the first issue too yet his Sengoku Basara 4 illustration ended up keeping his appearance from the previous game, so this might just be a deliberate stylistic choice for the sake of the magazine. It will be nice to see a Yukimura full of his original hot-blooded energy in Sengoku Basara 4, though, so I'm going to hope it's a clue!
I'll write a full review of the magazine when my copy (hopefully) arrives later in the week.
Edit 27/08/2013: Japanese fans have started receiving their copies and posting information, so I'll list what I've seen here. Please consider these completely unsubstantiated rumours at the moment even though the source is usually reliable.
- The next issue will have Tokugawa Ieyasu on the cover and as the main feature. There will also be a cute Ieyasu rubber strap.
- The next bonus CD will be presented by Hoshi Souichirou (Sanada Yukimura) and Koyasu Takehito (Sarutobi Sasuke). It's marked as 'volume 1' so it will probably run for two issues like the Date-themed CDs.
- Yukimura is said to address Sasuke in a quote from Sengoku Basara 4 (so he'll be included in the story somewhere). Oyakata-sama will also appear in the story, but neither of them has been confirmed as playable.
- Yukimura is still in the Takeda forces and trying to bring the turbulent era to an end.
- In a quote he corrects himself, addressing Shingen as Oyakata-sama then as Takeda Shingen and declaring that he'll throw down a challenge to him. Without knowing the context it's hard to be sure what this line relates to.
- His qualities of hot-bloodedness and purity have supposedly been given a boost. This Yukimura will be a straightforward, hot-blooded guy, as he was in the original game.
- Yukimura's Sengoku Basara 4 story will have links to Mitsunari and Sakon. The magazine includes a picture of him facing off against Sakon and another where he's confronting Mitsunari.
- Masamune will appear in Yukimura's story too. One person said he is going to try to put a stop to Masamune becoming a king that the people will fear and shun.
- It seems that the magazine's cover illustration may actually be his character art from the game since it also shows up inside. However, it might be temporary.
- The next issue will also include a manga called Wan-Nyan Sengoku Basara (tentative title) by Tane Jugou. It will be an official Capcom-approved slice-of-life manga about the commanders reimagined as cute animals (I have to ask based on the comments on my blog the other day: SHD, are you psychic?).
- The next issue will come out in 'Autumn 2013'.
- The magazine's official website has been updated with the Yukimura cover for Mame Sengoku Basara volume four as well as details for submitting questions for the next magazine's CD. I'll put it all in a proper news post after work since it's official information.
- More miscellaneous Twitter links: new shot of Shikanosuke, Sakon/Yukimura, Mitsunari/Yukimura
Relatedly, staff at one Animate store in Japan were apparently delighted about Yukimura's return.