As expected, all the magazines have today is a summary of last week's news in Dengeki PlayStation with some short comments from YamamotoD.
- Shingen and Kenshin are settling things at last! As for what the two of them do next, since they're on the same wavelength there's material about them as warriors - and as friends.
- Please go ahead and get the Tenka Medal Reward where Shingen can use that stone fist from the 'Oyakata-sama Ga Koronda' statue game in Sengoku Basara 4. (Raindrops' note: I assume this is a hint about his skill revision or maybe even his personal inscription.)
- YamamotoD recommends choosing Shingen in his Hyottoko Kamen outfit, then setting his partner to Sasuke in the Tenko Kamen outfit.
- This time around, we'll see a different side to the usual hungry, generous, 'big brother' Toshiie. Directly opposing the Oda Army he used to belong to, Toshiie has to face up to his own past as well as to Shibata Katsuie, who has shut his feelings away.
- What happens after it's all over cannot be predicted. The hints are his Tenka Medal costume and the phrase 'Ahead of Sakamoto Ryouma' (haha).
- The biggest change for Matsu is her brand new Basara move. Naturally, with all of her animal friends involved it turns into slapstick comedy.
- That craziness is even present in her story. Whether Matsu is rushing about trying to arrange a marriage for her nephew Keiji or having a cooking battle right in front of the shogun, there's a Maeda-style sense of fun to the drama. Please play with a smile on your face.
Ieyasu becomes the star of a new Okazaki x Sengoku Basara tourism campaign
Sengoku Basara's Tokugawa Ieyasu is participating in another real-life collaboration in the Okazaki area, this time with the Great Ieyasu-kou 'Aoi' Bushoutai, a troupe of people who dress up as historical figures and try to encourage interest in visiting famous sites. I was lucky enough to see several members of the group when I visited Okazaki Castle; they're often wandering its grounds to meet tourists and chat about the area's history. If you time a visit well enough, you can even catch them participating in a mock battle or performing live music.
Okazaki is famous for being the birthplace of the real Tokugawa Ieyasu, so the Sengoku Basara version been selected to appear on some promotional posters designed to encourage people to visit. He's accompanied by Tadakatsu and the Great Ieyasu-kou 'Aoi' Bushoutai version of Ieyasu. The campaign begins in July!
There should be a lot of news next week, with another Weekly Famitsu feature likely and the official magazine being released, not to mention another new video on Friday morning.